A new service will be of interest to any members in West Sussex who are at risk of redundancy or who will be made redundant.
This will be of additional interest to branch members working for WSCC or maintained schools because WSCC has just withdrawn the funding from its own redundancy outplacement service. We only recently had to report that WSCC had cut all of its support for its outplacement service.
EMSkills will fully-fund (for members at risk of redundancy or being made redundant):
- career planning;
- interview skills;
- job search skills;
- advice on starting a business or self-employment;
- vocational qualifications;
- and basic skills.
All training is free to the recipient. Courses are delivered either in the employer’s premises or close by at an agreed location.
The programme consists of three stages:
- Individual Career Planning and Skills Analysis: career guidance and work with the individual to formulate a career and job search action plan. The session can be scheduled at the work place or off-site.
- Skills Training: if training is identified in the action plan this programme will provide the necessary funding. The training can cover areas such as self-employment, interview and job search techniques, vocational courses or the skills needed for a change of career.
- Securing Employment: help to secure sustainable employment as quickly as possible. Assistance to gain the skills, advice and practical support needed to succeed as well as help with job search.
It is funded until January 2021 through the Local Economic Partnership initiative.
Their website is https://emskills.org.uk/
You can download their flyer here.
If you are risk of redundancy or to be made redundant, currently, later this year or next year, this new service could be a great help to you – at a time when some major employers are pulling out of this type of support for their staff.