The online ballot has now been launched and voting will be possible until 12noon on Friday 9th March.
UNISON recommends that you REJECT the offer.
- The Statutory Living Wage is the minimum an employer can legally pay you. It will rise to £8.55 per hour in 2020 (£16,495) regardless of the pay offer — so the % increases at the lower end of the offer are nowhere near as big in reality as they first appear.
- If you are currently on Spinal Column Point 19 (top of Grade 5, £18,746) or above this offer would be another real terms pay cut due to inflation being higher than the value of the offer.
- Your earnings have already fallen by at least 21% in real terms since 2010. £500 worth of wages in 2010 is only worth £395 today and would fall to £382 under this offer.
- Myth 1 – You will get a 16% pay rise: simply not true, only a minority of our members will even get an above inflation pay rise over two years
- Myth 2 – The Pay Cap is smashed – the overwhelming majority of our members will suffer a 10th consecutive year pay cut
- Myth 3 – There is no more money – MPs have seen pay rises of 11% and the cost of restoring the House of Commons is estimated at £4bn. Money can always been found if there is a demand to do so.
UNISON says REJECT the offer.
Please VOTE in our consultative ballot and and show we are prepared to take action for fair wages.