After the NJC Committee’s decision to recommend REJECTION of the 2-year pay offer, the branch has organised a series of member meetings to discuss the offer:
- Tuesday 20th February, 12:30-1:30pm: Committee Room 1, County Hall, Chichester
- Thursday 22nd February, 12:00-1:00pm: Conference Room 1, Durban House, Bognor
- Friday 23rd February, 12:30-1:30pm: Conference Room 4, Centenary House, Worthing
- Monday 26th February: 12:30-1:30pm: Goodwood Room, County Hall North, Horsham
We will launch the online ballot on Tuesday 27th February and voting will be possible until 12pm on Friday 9th March.
An official NJC Pay leaflet has been produced, which you can download below, along with a Powerpoint presentation and the pay offer.
- The Statutory Living Wage is the minimum an employer can legally pay you. It will rise to £8.55 per hour in 2020 (£16,495) regardless of the pay offer — so the % increases at the lower end of the offer are nowhere near as big in reality as they first appear.
- If you are currently on Spinal Column Point 19 (top of Grade 5, £18,746) or above this offer would be another real terms pay cut due to inflation being higher than the value of the offer.
- Your earnings have already fallen by at least 21% in real terms since 2010. £500 worth of wages in 2010 is only worth £395 today and would fall to £382 under this offer.
- Myth 1 – You will get a 16% pay rise: simply not true, only a minority of our members will even get an above inflation pay rise over two years
- Myth 2 – The Pay Cap is smashed – the overwhelming majority of our members will suffer a 10th consecutive year pay cut
- Myth 3 – There is no more money – MPs have seen pay rises of 11% and the cost of restoring the House of Commons is estimated at £4bn. Money can always been found if there is a demand to do so.
UNISON says REJECT the offer.
Please VOTE in our consultative ballot and and show we are prepared to take action for fair wages.