UNISON’s 2020 School Uniform Grants programme is now available.
How much are the grants?
They are one-off grants of £50 per school age child, up to a total of £150.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a member of UNISON and have paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 3 August 2020;
- You are financially responsible for the child/children and receiving Child Benefit for them;
- You have a total combined (yourself and your partner if applicable) savings/ rolling bank balance(s) of less than £1,000, and;
- Either you receive Housing Benefit of Universal Credit OR have an annual net salary of less than £18,000 (combined salary with partner must be less than £18,000 if applicable).
What documents must I include with my application?
- If your salary is below £18,000 net, please include your most recent bank statement(s) for yourself and your partner (if applicable) for a complete month showing salary credits and Child Benefit payments.
- If you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, please include your most recent bank statement for yourself and your partner (if applicable) for a complete month showing Housing Benefit or Universal Credit payments and Child Benefit payments.
How do I apply?
Complete the online form via the link below and upload any supporting paperwork required (it is recommended that you gather the supporting paperwork as listed above before starting your application so that the documentation can be uploaded at the end of the process). You will also need your UNISON membership number.
Applications are limited to one per household and you must not have received financial assistance from us during the previous 6 months (excluding a COVID-19 response grant). This is a limited fund so UNISON cannot guarantee you will receive a payment even if you meet the eligibility criteria. It is therefore important that you apply online as soon as possible.
For further information, visit https://www.unison.org.uk/school-uniform-grant
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.