UNISON works with individual unions and global union federations to defend public services and fight against austerity around the world. We also have a responsibility to defend human and trade union rights wherever they are under attack.
Our Branch Officer, David Hammond, recently attended the UNISON International Officers Seminar to discuss some important global issues, including:
- Swaziland: a kingdom in crisis
- Global supply chains
- Palestine: 50 years of occupation
- Colombia: what now for the peace process?
- Qatar: championing the rights of migrant workers
- Turkey: human and workers’ rights
“We must recognise and support our sisters and brothers’ courage within all the above countries, through the work of the Branch International Relations Officers (BIROs) within their relevant branches. After all, unity is strength!”
Read David’s full report on the seminar here, which provides information on each of the discussions outlined above.