In the last six months…
- A West Sussex Branch member received £35,000 after tripping and breaking her wrist whilst attending to a service user.
- A West Sussex Branch member received £2,450 in damages after tripping on an uneven paving stone causing cuts to her face.
- A West Sussex Branch member was awarded £1,750 in damages after being injured by an unsupervised student.
- A West Sussex Branch member injured her foot at work and received a settlement for £2,250.
- A West Sussex Branch member was knocked off their bicycle when cycling and suffered injury to their lumbar spine. Our member was awarded £2,750.
UNISON’s solicitors took these cases for our members, and no deduction was made from the damages received. UNISON’s free personal injury service is one of the benefits the union offers, and covers you for injuries sustained both in and outside the workplace, and your partner for injuries sustained outside their workplace.