The winter 2017 edition of Branch Lines is now available for you to download.
Printed copies will be distributed around County Council offices, schools, academies, further education colleges and other employers from next week.
If you don’t see printed copies by the end of January, please let us know (01243 777636 or email@example.com).
This edition brings you up to date with some of the major, local issues affecting members, including:
A report on the state of the council’s finances and how this could affect jobs and services;
- An update on the cuts the council wants to make in Children’s Services;
- The latest on the merger between Northbrook College and Brighton City College;
- How to nominate yourself as a Branch Officer;
- Information about the new-format branch annual general meetings; and
- A summary of national issues such as local authority trading companies, a drop in employment tribunals and opposition to government reforms of social work.
There are many other issues also included.