UNISON’s Debtline service is available to all our members to help you manage money and deal with debt. We offer free confidential advice to help you clear your debts.
Debtline can help you deal with:
- credit card debt;
- mortgage arrears;
- home repossession;
- county court judgment claims.
Our Debtline service is provided by debt management experts, Payplan. Using this service you get:
- immediate advice;
- a debt management plan to suit your circumstances;
- a case officer to advise you throughout your repayment programme and negotiate with your creditors;
- a reduction of multiple debt repayments into a single, affordable monthly repayment;
- a choice of payment methods;
- a free and confidential service with no hidden charges.
Call the UNISON Debtline on 0800 389 3302.
Help with debt is just one of the benefits of joining UNISON. We can also provide direct financial assistance to members in dire straits.
Branch welfare officer Stuart Gibbons said: “I recently supported two UNISON West Sussex branch members through the union’s ‘There for you’ service with grants of over £1,000 each. This really helped them both through challenging financial situations: in one case completely wiping out a debt. We also support by helping prepare debt action plans with members.”
Contact the branch for more details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01243 777636.