UNISON’s 2019-20 winter fuel grant programme opens Monday 2nd December!
Grants of up to £40 per household are available to help members in low-income households with heating costs over the winter.
To be eligible you must:
- be a UNISON member who has paid 4 weeks’ union subscriptions before 2 December 2019;
- either receive Housing Benefit (or the housing element of Universal Credit) or have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less (see ‘Questions & Answers’ document or download application form below for more details);
- not have more than £800 in savings (including your partner and rolling bank balance);
- not have received financial assistance from UNISON There For You during the previous six months (excluding School Uniform Grant);
- be responsible for meeting the household fuel bills.
- Print out and complete the application form
- Contact Unison Direct on 0800 0857 857 for a postal form
Post completed application forms to: There for You (WFG), UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY.
Please ensure that you include your membership number and send in all requested paperwork with the form or the application cannot be accepted. Applications must be received by 14 February 2020.
Applications are limited to one per household and priority is given to those who have not previously applied.
There is a limited amount in the Winter Fuel Grants programme. Once exhausted no further awards can be made. If you are facing unforeseen hardship you might be able to apply to UNISON’s general grants programme. The There for You team will let you know if this applies to you.
For further information, please: